Monday, July 14, 2014

SOC Summer Swap

Greetings All,

The summer is practically flying by, and I have not made it to the beach yet!!  We took a short trip to Norfolk, but the beaches were not really safe, so we stayed in-land.  Had fun with the family - shopping, movies, and even did a little bowling.  No trip would be complete without a souvenir... so my souvenir was a swollen and bruised foot, after DS accidentally dropped an 11lb bowling ball on my foot!!  OOOOUUUUCCCHHH!!  Thank God NOTHING was broken, just deep contusions (bruises) on the top and bottom of my foot.  After 3 nights of ice/heat/ice/heat... I'm able to wear some sandals/flip flops, but closed shoes are still a little uncomfortable.

Over at SOC, I decided to participate in a "Summer Card" swap.  We had to make, and mail, 2 summer-themed cards for our partner (to be used at their discretion).  I received these cards from Cassie's Craft Cafe:

And I made these cards for my swap partner:


Now, crafty folks that know me know that it's hard for me to do masculine cards; but I have to admit, I like how this one turned out.  I need to make another one to add to my stash!  LOL. 

The pictures used for the cards are from the DCWV Summer Stack; and the patterned paper is from a Bright stack by Recollections.  Card layouts are courtesy of Mojo Monday and Pinterest card sketches.

Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog!
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment