Monday, February 10, 2014

SOC - Wiz Relay Challenge #3

Greetings Family, Friends, and Followers,

In support of my 2014 Declaration to have a greater presence in the crafting world, I decided to take on a few more challenges this year!  As mentioned in previous posts, I'm taking part in a "relay" challenge over at Scraps of Color (SOC).  The image for Challenge #3 was the scarecrow (played by Michael Jackson) - and boy this was a challenge.  We had to include recycled or repurposed material and brick (wall) in our projects.  Well, the recycled/repurposed part was taken care of; but I was NOT prepared for the fight I endured with my Cameo's print & cut feature!!  Six scarecrows bit the dust, in order for at least 1 to survive!  I was almost ready to give up; but that inner voice urged me to give it one more try.  And the end result was a simple card, that met all the requirements! 

I reused the paper that stores use to wrap glass, and used it as "stuffing" for the scarecrow, and also for the quote.  The Einstein quote was from "brainy quotes".  I used my MS Scoreboard to make the "faux" brick wall, which is hard to see in this picture (sorry).  The image was provided by Robert Jackson; and was colored using Copic Sketch Markers.  The patterned paper is from my scrap stash (DCWV).

Thanks for visiting my blog, and letting me vent!  I hope you'll come back.  LOL.

Lisa
 

1 comment: